1. TELL US SOMETHING ABOUT YOURSELF AND HOW YOU BECAME A BASS PLAYER.
I come from a very musical family and started playing music at a young age. I had a music teacher when I was 11 that asked what instrument I would like to play in the school rock band; I chose bass and he taught me. I’ve stuck with it ever since. The rest, as they say, is history.
2. WHEN AND WHERE DID YOU LEARN ABOUT SIRE? WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST IMPRESSION WITH OUR BASSES? HOW WAS YOUR FIRST GIG USING YOUR SIRE BASS?
I learnt about the Sire brand in early 2016 through my manager Troy. I thought a bass with that price tag couldn’t live up to the reviews, I was very wrong. Since owning my V7 I have been blown away. The quality of the bass is second to none and versatility of the instruments neck and preamp combo allows me to play a wide variety of genres – although I predominately play rock. The bass sings live, and having such a wide EQ and tone control makes switching between songs effortless.
3. HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE THE FIRST SIRE FRIEND FROM UK?
I am honoured. To be associated with such a game changer in the industry is truly special to me.
4. PLEASE TELL US ABOUT YOUR BAND, WESTON RD.
Weston Rd is a 3 piece rock band heavily influenced by the likes of the Foo Fighters, Royal Blood and Chris Cornell. We are looking forward to releasing our debut album soon – check us out on social media for future updates.
5. WHAT AND WHEN WAS YOUR MOST MEMORABLE PERFORMANCE AND WHY?
I think one of my most memorable performances was when I was at high school and did a double bass duet of Bohemian Rhapsody with a great bassist, Ben Shepherd. It was so challenging but went down a treat.
6. YOU ARE NOW UNDER ONE OF THE TOP MANAGEMENTS FVP GLOBAL. TELL US HOW THAT FEELS AND WHAT YOUR FUTURE PLANS ARE.
FVP are great. They have really looked after the bands best interests and have put us in touch with leading people in the industry. To have their support has really allowed us to do what we do best – play! We are always looking forward and hope that the future is bright and that we can really make a difference to the music world.
7. YOU ARE JUST ABOUT TO RELEASE A NEW ALBUM. TELL US A LITTLE BIT ABOUT THE ALBUM AND WHAT WE CAN EXPECT.
I am very excited about this, not only is it the first recording I have done with the Sire but the music is getting great feedback so far. There is a track on there for everyone.Think heavy, bluesy, modern, big. It has it all. It is being produced by Troy Antunes and already sounds incredible.
8. DO YOU STILL REMEMBER YOUR FIRST PERFORMANCE AND HOW YOU FELT? HOW DIFFERENT IS IT FROM THE PRESENT?
Haha yeah I wore a suit and sunglasses. I slid on the floor at the end of an old rock ‘n’ roll song called Roadrunner. I seem to remember it being a lot cooler than it probably was but hey, gotta start somewhere. I remember being quite nervous but it was a lot of fun. I still have a lot of fun on stage, How can you not? Music just does that to me. I’m definitely not as nervous on stage as I once was. 9. PLEASE TELL US WHERE WE CAN FIND MORE ABOUT YOU. You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Youtube with @westonrdmusic
10. ANY WORDS FOR THE BASS PLAYERS OUT THERE PLANNING TO GET A SIRE IN THE FUTURE?
It’s simple, if you want a bass that has unbelievable control of tone and just feels great to play, look no further than Sire.